Friday, July 04, 2008

Leavin on a jet plane

Well we're sitting at SeaTac waiting for our plane. It was supposed to leave at 10:10pm so we were looking forward to a good aerial view of the fireworks over Seattle, but right now they are projecting a 11:05 departure. I guess we'll watch out the concourse window.

We're heading to Charlotte for 2 weeks of mission training. The boys get to go through a special course that SIM has tailored for mission kids (or MKs). A few people have asked what type of training we will receive. My typical answer has been both small arms and hand to hand combat. Most people don't seem to like that answer though. Most of the training is in dealing with cross cultural situations, working in teams and support raising, but I'll probably be able to answer the question a little better in a couple weeks.

Jamie and I were commenting all day that it just doesn't seem like the 4th of July. Typically at this time on the 4th we have about 150 people at our house and John and Royce and I are carrying fireworks down to the river to get the show ready. At least tomorrow morning I'll wake up with far fewer burns on my fingers (and no clean up!).

I'm not sure how much I'll be able to post over the next couple weeks so I wanted to give out a couple prayer requests. We have a couple "friends" we've met through our connection with Acres of Hope that have some big surgeries coming up next week. Both Jocelyn's son Isaac and Charity & Igor's son Emmanuel will be having surgery. You can check out their blogs to keep up with the latest. In Jocelyn and Charity's spare time they've also started Redeeming Waters International to raise money for wells in Africa. Here's a video they just made.




So keep Isaac and Emmanuel in your prayers and don't forget to check out Redeeming Waters International.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Sorry your plane is so delayed. Have a great time. Don't forget to tell me what time to pick you up ;)

Johnny said...

Just bounced in to say "hi", after some random Googling of my surname led me to your site.

Peace & blessings

Johnny Laird